Hosted by the International Building Performance Simulation Association – Houston Chapter
As building performance simulation technology expands to areas beyond energy modeling, the field of simulations for envelope assessment and for building forensics remains relatively unexplored. Please join Christian Ozbun (Zero/Six Consulting) and Joe Fong (Walter P. Moore) as they delve into the possibilities by discussing their experiences with envelope performance simulation tools such as WUFI and the use of other simulation tools encompassing factors related to energy, daylight and building code.
- Discuss how environment and energy code impact building enclosure performance
- Identify which building performance simulation tools are available to enhance design process
- Recognize the appropriate procedure to operate the simulation tools (i.e. WUFI & Therm)
- Compatibility of weather barrier membranes with spray foam insulation.
- Using hygrothermal simulation tools (WUFI) to detect moisture formation on weather barrier membranes.
- Using hygrothermal simulation tools (WUFI) to select an appropriate building envelope assembly.
- What assembly / climate conditions hygrothermal simulation tools (WUFI) are useful for.
Wednesday, December 7
5:30 PM CST (Networking Event)
6:00 – 7:00 PM CST (Presentation)
712 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
Meet the Presenters
Christian Ozbun – Zero/Six Consulting
Christian heads up the architecture and building simulations services and is the resident BIM specialist for Zero/Six Consulting, LLC. Licensed to practice architecture in Texas, Christian has made himself known as a versatile and innovative member of the design and building community thanks to his involvement in a broad range of project types and work scopes. His experiences include construction management, building information modeling, energy analysis, forensic architecture, construction administration, construction documentation, software development, and as-built documentation of some of our nation’s largest buildings.
Joe Fong – Walter P. Moore
Joe has more than 20 years of experience in the architectural profession from design and planning through construction on a variety of project types including higher education, institutional, aviation and commercial projects. As a Senior Associate and a Building Envelope Consultant in the Diagnostics Group, Joe specializes in sustainable design practices, simulation modeling, and building envelope design analysis.
If you’re unable to attend in person, you can watch the live presentation here.