Building Information 3D Modeling is becoming increasingly important for construction projects in today’s world. In addition to a digital representation of a building project, it also facilitates higher levels of collaboration and interoperability within the design eco-system.
What is Building Information Modeling (BIM)?
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that equips architecture, engineering, and construction professionals with the insight and tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct, and maintain buildings and infrastructures.
The US National BIM Standard Project Committee defines BIM as “Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a digital representation of physical and functional characteristics of a facility. A BIM is a shared knowledge resource for information about a facility forming a reliable basis for decisions during its life-cycle; defined as existing from earliest conception to demolition.”
Zero/Six Consulting’s professional 3D Modeling Building services enable builders, engineers, contractors, and architects to visualize the building designs better before they are constructed.
5 Key Benefits of BIM:
The 3D building model-based design provides long-term benefits over the entire life cycle of the building envelope, that far outweigh the upfront cost of the service. Following are 5 key benefits of 3D Building Information Modeling:
- Identifies issues and areas for improvement virtually before buildings become a reality
- Allows controlled and dynamic manipulation of models to rapidly and frequently generate design alternatives at different levels and eliminate errors arising from the disparity between different drawings in current practice.
- Saves time, money and effort throughout the building life cycle – from initial planning and design phase through ongoing operations and maintenance
- Supports processes including cost management, construction management, project management, logistics planning, construction scheduling and facility operation throughout building life cycle
- Helps operate more productively, improve quality of work, attract more talent, and get new business
- Creates BIM files that can be extracted, exchanged or networked to support decision-making regarding a building or a facility
- Facilitates compliance with government and commercial BIM mandates
- Helps deliver projects successfully and as per timelines
- Allows Risk Mitigation
Contact Us today to get a quote for our Quality Control Inspection Services. Call us on: 409.740.0090 or visit our website: www.z6consulting.com